See how many of these random words you can guess the English and Chinese for!
1. You have a bad habit, like smoking or gambling.
2. You have a tool that enables you to appear taller than what you are.
3. You look really similar to a celebrity.
4. You have an argument with someone because your personality is different to theirs.
5. You are paid money to keep your mouth shut.
6. You are walking through a city, looking for a something which is recognisable from a distance.
7. You are a woman, and this is your bedroom.
8. You are someone who never shuts up.
9. You remove hair from your body with a sticky kind of substance.
10. You have been asked to stand in the background at the filming of a movie.
11. You have a floor covering made of straw, imported from Japan.
12. You see a seat on the train that is for people with disabilities and pregnant woman.
13. You see a list of the main things that need to be learnt in your textbook.
14. You notice a lot of people are obsessed with something, but you don’t think it will be popular for very long.
1. Chinese: 恶习 èxí. English: vice.
2. Chinese: 高跷 gāoqiāo (verb: 踩高跷 cǎi gāoqiāo). English: stilts (verb: walk on stilts).
3. Chinese: 名人脸 míngrénliǎn. English: celebrity lookalike.
4. Chinese: 性格不合 xìnggé bùhé. English: personality clash.
5. Chinese: 封口费 fēngkǒufèi. English: hush money.
6. Chinese: 地标 dìbiāo. English: landmark.
7. Chinese: 闺房 guīfáng. English: boudoir.
8. Chinese: 话痨 huàláo. English: chatterbox.
9. Chinese: 蜜蜡脱毛；热蜡脱毛 mìlà tuōmáo; rèlà tuōmáo. English: body waxing.
10. Chinese: 群众人员 qúnzhòng rényuán. English: extra (in a movie).
11. Chinese: 榻榻米 tàtàmǐ. English: tatami.
12. Chinese: 爱心专座；博爱座 àixīn zhuānzuò; bó’àizuò. English: priority seat.
13. Chinese: 知识点 zhīshidiǎn. English: key (learning) point.
14. Chinese: 昙花一现；流行一时 tánhuāyīxiàn; liúxíng yīshí. English: passing fad.